Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Shocking Update

I'm more surprised than you are by that number. The amount of time it took me to write that was ridiculously short and it is very frustrating that I didn't do more. I'm nearly done with the first draft and it is by now means "finished", meaning that it needs a lot of work, but it is going to be done soon.

The feeling is an odd one. I can do this in my sleep and there were times in the last month that I felt that is what I was doing. Some of the words suck but overall, I'm pleased with the outcome of the story. I know what to do now and the end is in sight.

In case you're wondering, it is the same feeling you get when you've driven for 800 miles with only potty breaks and fuel breaks. Yes, the very same one. I've done that kind of drive a few times and I know what I'm talking about.

When I write THE END, I will start on the next story I want to finish. If I can get the drafts all finished, I have something to actually work with. That's a goal, right?

To my friend, Doug, it won't be done by July 1 but it will be darn close. Then, I'm going out of town for a week.

My writing has been more sporadic but what I'm finding is that I have to have a prod. Someone has to poke me with a stick. Alice has done that for me on this story, virtually since I began it. She sort of slacked off for a couple of years but I think she got disgusted with me not writing. So, she's not stuck me as much as she used to. And she does, after all, have a life. She recently moved back to Florida and is working, so she's busy. Still, her sporadic pokes have kept me moving forward.

Now I'm going to have to find someone as demanding as Alice to fill in the gaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville