Thursday, November 2, 2017

November Leaves

November is upon us and with it comes National Novel Writing Month. Remember that? 50,000 words written in 30 days?

Yes. That one.

Well, I'm not doing so well. With the ruptured disc surgery, I've been unable to even act as an ML outside of online. Thankfully, I have a great co-ML that is managing fine. I feel let down that I can't attend write-ins at this point but my hope is that in another week I might be able to do some online ones.

I'm not allowed to life anything over the weight of a gallon of milk. No pushing, pulling, or carrying heavy objects. So that knocks out my remodeling chores for a while. It is very frustrating because I have 5 rooms to address and a hallway. Never mind the finishing touches here in my dining/den/office. Did I say it was frustrating?

I haven't been writing yet either because the recovery has been difficult. The first week was horrible but things have improved and the doctor says the grip in my left (dominant) hand is amazing considering I'm only 2 weeks from the surgery.

 I can tell that some little improvements are happening but I really want the nerve pain to stop. It is horrible and makes it difficult for me to hold things in that hand for more than minutes. Writing with a pen is nearly impossible as it hurts terribly. I've taken to wearing a cover over the hand and wrist to alleviate the pain somewhat. It isn't much help but it seems to keep the nerve calmed a bit.

I finished one of my old novels a few days before surgery and now I need to edit and rewrite. I wanted to use November to finish another one but that plan fell thru with surgery. I'm still going to try and get it done before January 1. That's plenty of time. The nerve pain will play a part, of course, but I've been using speech recognition to write here and there so I think I can do that now.

I'm going to stop for now. Feel free to steal the top photo for a screen saver. I got the photo from Pixabay.com and the verse from the KJV Bible. Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville