Saturday, March 17, 2018

Withdrawal Symptoms

I've spent the evening shutting down some social media stuff. Got rid of Wattpad. I never used it and haven't been back in months. No use taking up space with a handful of short stories. I tried it. It wasn't for me.

Next, I signed off on my personal blog. I didn't delete it, I just think its time is over. Whatever is going on with me now is not worth blogging about anymore. I will stick with the writing blog and try to focus on more interesting topics rather than the disaster my health is having on my writing. Yeah. That should be interesting.

A few weeks ago I decided not to use G+ anymore other than to post announcements and blog posts. Once they changed the format a couple of years ago, I lost interest. I keep getting invitations from men who have either two first names or have the last name first and a first name last - a sure sign they're not who they are pretending to be. And if I get one more that tells me how beautiful I am and how I look like an angel and how they want to get to know me.... well, I may send them a photo of the real me. No, I won't post it here!

Anyway, I've cut things out. I know they say platform and branding and marketing but honestly, I'm not sold on it. Takes a lot of time and by the time I finish doing things to "grow" it, I'm too tired to write. And if I'm not writing, I have nothing for that platform. I just want to write. And I've left it so late.

I did get some time in pseudo-writing. That sounds really active, kind of like sumo wrestler. Believe me, it wasn't. I spent about an hour working on some material details about things in the story. I need this because I the organization is a major "character" in this story and until I understand how it works, I'm not much good writing about it. I've spent about three hours this week just working on that and on details about the realm. I figured out very quickly that I could get caught up in the world building but I think I'm done now. I want to get a friend to read over it and see if it hangs together. Then I've got a resource of sorts.

That's it for tonight. I've been really depressed all day and I think I need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville