Monday, March 9, 2015

Projects Out My Ears

Despite being unable to walk for much of the last three weeks, other than short trips, and running up and down and back and forth to carry pillows, blankets, pills, food, and water or emptying the urinal I actually have accomplished a few things in the last three days. So, was I productive?

I was really sick on Saturday through Sunday and the foot was just horribly painful. So, I sat down as often as possible and put it up. While seated I worked on a crochet project I've been working on... well, let's just say a while. I'm nearing the point I can assemble the squares, I think. It was nice to get back to it. I could have done writing but after shoveling the snow, I had a bad spell with my back on top of the problem with the foot. So, I couldn't sit at the computer for long.

I watched a video that taught me to finger crochet and I loved it! It was so easy and I like the look of the swatch I made while I learned. Soon, I'm going to try to make something with finger crochet.

Today I worked all afternoon on The Long Summer Run. I'm still working on the ending and I don't know if it is any good, but the writing is fun. I would write a while and then crochet awhile. Mike seemed to need less today so it gave me a long stretch to work with.

Will I be finished by my deadline. (You can seen my progress on the left and the deadline.) I don't know. Probably not. I also have a short story I have to write before July 31. But I might be able to finish TLSR and while it is "resting" write the short story. We'll see.

Was contacted about creating some test questions for someone but that's a free gig as it is for the church school. I could put it in my portfolio? Maybe. We'll see how it goes.

If feels so nice when I can write. I have to do this more often. At the moment, I've got a lot of projects and so little time because I'm playing nurse and Mawmaw. Have you ever thought being bored might be fun? I've wondered.

1 comment:

  1. You are always the happiest when you write or edit or do some writerly activities. Hope you get something accomplished there this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville