Monday, January 1, 2018

Look Forward & Setting Goals

I had a prompt for January 1 to write about what I am most looking forward to and one for the 2nd about three goals for the month. I'm going to combine those here because I don't usually blog every day.

For six months now I've been pretty much incapacitated by a ruptured disc and then surgery to correct it. Only at the end of November did I begin to feel human again. So, I can tell you I'm looking forward to feeling better.

I'm also looking forward to writing more and finishing one of the novels I have near completion. That has been a longstanding desire and health issues constantly derail me. I'm not giving up.

With that said, I think I can set three goals. I don't do resolutions because they're a waste of time for virtually everyone who sets them. Let's just get real about that. They're like constant symbols of your failure. However, a goal is much more forgiving of human frailties and foibles. You project a goal and give it your best shot. If you make it, great. If you fail, you just keep pounding at it like a giant stone and eventually you might crack it.

My Goals for 2018

1. Really read my Bible more. I've improved on that this year with the YouVerse app. I want to continue it and see if I can do even better. And coupled with it, I want to try to pray more. I need it and so does our world.

2. Be more diligent in my writing. Write more and push through the challenges.

3. Schedule my time better by scheduling appointments for my writing and studies and not let outside forces interrupt those appointments.

I think that actually a pretty thorough list of goals for me. If I can do those three things, I might have a book ready for publication by year-end. I will certainly be better organized.

One can only hope.

2 comments:

  1. I've been AWOL for a while so doing a lot of catching up now. Sorry to hear you had such problems with your back and needed surgery. I hope your recovery is going well. Scary times! I hope 2018 is a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm ever so much better, Wendy! The pain in my neck and back is so much better I hardly notice it. I'm still having pain from nerve damage in my left hand and arm but unless it gets better, I just have to learn to live with it. They said it might heal or it might not. No way to know.

      Thank you and I hope you have a great new year as well.

      Delete

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville