Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday Author Focus #3

I was recently pointed to a sample copy of Sarah Scutt's short story, Vera's Ring. This review, because it was a samply only, is by necessity short. However, I think I can say that the story begins well and you immediately know you're reading a haunted house story. I love haunted house stories so I'm looking forward to getting the full short story.

Vera is a thrift store owner living in her family home. This is no ordinary house, by the way. The doors, drawers, and various items are moving around. Vera doesn't appear to notice. . . unless they break something.

I can't say if the whole story will keep me reading but the opening chapter certainly peaked my curiosity and I'd like to know what's up. I'll post when that happens.

Ms Scutt writes well but there were two errors that her editor missed in this sample chapter. Since it is a short story, it can easily be fixed. I always mention when I find errors. If it were me, I'd want to fix it. They don't detrace from the writing but unfortunately, I'm that reviewer sees the small things.

I'd encourage you to pick this story up if you're into haunted houses. No pun intended.

You can find the story here: Vera's Ring on Amazon.
You can find Ms. Scutt on Facebook here: Sarah Scutt
And her blog is here: Sarah Scutt Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville