Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wake Up Call

It is amazing what a vitamin can do! There goes my sole exclamation point but I have to use it. Two weeks ago I remembered that I'd been without my D3 for at least 6weeks. I went out and picked some up and started taking 15,000 units a day. You may recall my boring post about my fatigue and brain fog overwhelming me.

I've been taking D3 for more than a decade and for about 5 years I've taken 10,000 units a day because that is the only way I could keep my levels at a normal level. Anything lower and I bottom out. This is due to the medications I take for my rheumatoid arthritis. Symptoms of D3 deficiency are numerous and you can Google them but believe me when I say they are profound. Everyone should insist on a blood test to check their levels. If you're below 30, that's too low. And I don't care what your doctor says! Do what it takes to get above that level. Increase your D and get regular blood work to monitor it. If your prescribed dose doesn't raise it, increase your dose anyway.

I digress.

So, two weeks of D3 and the fog has mostly cleared and the fatigue is now at a manageable level, not gone but not overwhelming me to the point I fall into a deep sleep in 30 seconds after sitting down. I'm not joking here. I was sleeping close to 12 hrs a day. I couldn't sit down or I'd fall asleep in minutes, despite my efforts to stay awake.

In fact, the improvement is so profound that I've got all laundry washed, dried and have only two loads left to put away. Three days ago, I had about 5 loads that needed putting away and 4 to wash. Yes, that's a lot for two people but I've simply been unable to do more than the bare essentials. I've washed dishes every day, swept, vacuumed, and mopped all the floors and made up all the beds. The house is clean! Read some blogs a month ago and you'll see what I mean.

A couple of days ago, I managed to write 308 words on All That's Holy. I felt energized and excited. It wasn't much and it wasn't earth-shaking, actually more fixing some areas and adding in, but it was such a relief to write something on one of the novels.

I've dropped the D3 back to 10,000 units this week and will see how I feel. I see my doctor tomorrow and I don't know how he'll react to this but whatever.

I'm about to do some writing now and will stop this post here. I hope you're writing, too. Pay attention to your body, particularly if you have an autoimmune disease. Research medical research and treatments. Look for new data on trials and tests. Take care of yourself and when you tired, rest. Just don't sleep 12 hours a day.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder for what Vitamin D does for me, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville