Saturday, December 29, 2018

Merry Christmas To Me

Another writing year closes and I'm very disappointed in my progress. I could make many excuses but I whine enough so I won't. If you read any of my posts, you know my health problems worsened the last 5 years, more so the past two. So we won't beat that dead horse.

When 2018 started I had high hopes that declined. As the year ends, I am trying to encourage more optimism. To start, I invested in an app to help me edit my writing. Yes, I did. I purchased ProWritingAid, the premium desktop version. The year-end sale was the trigger. For a few months now I've used their Chrome plug-in and tried the online app that limits checks to 500 words.  The results impressed me, but the price was too steep.

Christmas arrived and prices dropped and Santa brought me money to spend only on me. So, I splurged on one thing - ProWritingAid. After I ran several of my writing pieces thru the program, the findings amazed me; it wasn't all bad either. There were many things I got right, and those I got wrong, I recognized right away. Other findings surprised me but the program educated me because not only did it show problems but it explained them.

    I'll be using it in 2019 and beyond, in the hope it will help me stay motivated. Just reviewing the tests it ran gave me a push because it was encouraging to find I know how to write and that the problems are typical of first drafts.


I think this a positive way to end my poor writing year and I hope it can give me the motivation I need. Now, if the weather cooperates, and my rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia improves, I might do much more.

And just so you know, I ran this post through ProWritingAid until I made all the changes it suggested. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville