Friday, January 25, 2019

No News, Just Snark

The week ends with a lift. Friday, even though I'm retired, still feels wonderful. Probably because I don't have to get up at 5:45 a.m. on Saturday.

I wrote something this week! Well, two things. I wrote a poem and posted it on my other blog and I posted something here. I was running back and forth most of the week to appointments with physical therapy and a second eye exam because I take Plaquenil.

Plaquenil is a rheumatoid arthritis medication that can cause irreversible eye damage if you take it too long. I've been on it probably 15 yrs. Your risk go up for blindness the longer you take it. Now they have to check me every year. Can I stop taking it? Do I feel lucky? Not particularly.

Anyway, the physical therapy wears me out. They have me doing weights. I'm doing ... well, I don't know what they're called, but they have me sitting on a big ball, pulling weight from overhead and in front of me. They have me doing abductor exercises on another machine. Then they put me on my back and have me doing leg work, pushing my whole body with my legs and alternating single legs and then switching me to arms. Yeah, if you know what all that is - great. If not, well there. Then I have to do more core exercises with just me. I'm tired when I get home but the next day I'm really exhausted.

Next week, I get dry needling. Joy.

You know, the last thing I need right now is needling. I'm not sure it is wise to needle someone who is having rotten, I hesitate to say luck, but there it is. Everything that can go wrong, has. I've minded my business and been very good but the universe is really getting on my last nerve. And it's been going on for months.

I suspect the exercise has made me feel a bit better. I can't say I've lost weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. And it will take more than a few weeks to do any good on this old bag. Still, I can tell I'm better in some nebulous way.

Am I being obscure? Just checking.

So, how was your writing week? If you didn't write, I hope something tremendously exciting happened that you can share to offset your failure as a writer. I'm just kidding. Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville