Saturday, July 28, 2018

Right & Left Brain Writer's Meeting

You didn't?

I did!

No!

Yes, in the last 24 hours I wrote 520 words! In The Dream Stealer. Admittedly, it is what I'm currently calling "the back story" because it takes place 10 or 15 yrs before what I thought was the main story. However, as I continue to fill in this information, I came to realize that it might actually BE the story. Well, at least part of it. I can't decide what is happening with this mess but it feels right.

I just can't believe this is happening. I want to jump up and down and squeal. 

Feel free to do so but I just cut the yard and would rather sit here and contemplate the success.

So, now what?

No idea. I kind of hit a block and just walked away to paint the porch table.

You're kidding, right?

No. It is going to be lime green. The bench on the porch is an aqua. I think the chair will be hot pink. What do you think?

..... I think you should back up and regroup. This is a momentous occasion. And I really think you should reconsider those colors. Bit striking, aren't they? 

They are but I'm tired of bland stuff. I need color. Lots of colors. I love colors.

We can buy a box of Crayolas. Now about the story. What...

I have some of those but I want to be surrounded by color. The winters are cold and gray and I hurt. The colors are uplifting. I think my porch needs those colors. You know, I think I'm hungry. I need a sandwich.

You need to get back to the story. You're on a roll. You can't stop now. Really, the painting will wait. And you could stand to lose a few pounds if you know what I mean.

{GASP} Are you serious? I don't believe you just said that.

Yeah, well, the truth shall set you free.

I have to get that table done and on the porch before it rains. I...

NO! NO! NO!

Well, you don't have to shout.

I do because you're not listening. You do this all the time. You get started and then you stop and move to something else. You have to STOP IT!

I'm going to write more later. I just need to get up and move around. You know I have pain in my neck from sitting too long and the numbness in my hand gets worse when that happens. So, I am not just moving from one chair to another. I got up and moved around. Painting the table.

.....

You do know you're blood pressure is going up and that steam coming out your ears is just overkill.

I don't believe you'll write any more this week. 

Considering this is Saturday,  you might be right. I wrote those 520 words between midnight and 2 a.m. this morning. Technically, I wrote today and it is the last day of the week. So, tomorrow starts another week.

You know, you're not as smart as you think you are. 

Maybe not, but I'm pretty smart. And about that diet, you might want to think about that, too.



3 comments:

  1. This was a cute little story. I enjoyed it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sorry - but I’m giggling so that David is looking at me wanting to know why, while the cat is giving a dirty look cause my lap is jiggling. I’ve got to increase my vitamin D and get something done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think that's called irony. This is how most thinking goes.

      Delete

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville