Monday, August 6, 2018

Happy Birthday

Jerry & Cynthia Maddox
Frankfurt, W. Germany, Fall 1977
Today would have been Jerry's 69th birthday. He's been gone nearly 10 years. I wish I could say that life had returned to normal but it hasn't. It can't ever be normal because everything that was important is gone.

This photo was taken in 1977, in Frankfurt, West Germany. We were so young and so happy! My God, I loved him so much. We had some terrible rough spots over the 35 years we spent together but oh, so many wonderful times. I remember this moment so clearly. It was a photo booth near the train station in downtown Frankfurt. We hadn't been in country long. It was at night and we were on our way back to our apartment in Offenbach.
December 2004

I don't think about the good times often because they are very painful to remember. I don't know why people think it is nice to "remember the good times". It is like ripping open an old wound to poke a stick in it and dig around. It doesn't make me happy.

Happy birthday, Jerry. I love you so much it hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to avoid SPAM.

This site protected by

********************** **************
Current time in Evansville